State Fair Time! #funfood #cornydogs #icecream #amusementpark

Every September, our great State Fair is held. I love it! And for most of my life, I've gone almost every year. A lot of it is the same. Sometimes, there are new exhibits and features. And for some fairgoers, it's all about food. 
Exotic Fried Food!

FOOD:
My favorite fair food is a Nutty Buddy ice cream bar--vanilla ice cream on a stick, dipped in chocolate and rolled in crushed peanuts. Yumm.

My second favorite fair food is a regular hot dog--mustard and onions, please.

Handsome has to have the beloved corny dog. Ketchup topped.

A few years ago, chicken friend bacon won the food category. This intrigued me. I mean, who wouldn't be--fried, battered, and bacon. It was delicious.

RIDES: 
I haven't been on one side the old wooden roller coaster was torn down. I had worked at an amusement park when younger, so I guess the bloom is off. 

EVENTS:
The car show--would you want to miss the latest and greatest? Didn't think so. LOL

The dog show is one we rarely miss. Trained dogs run laps, chase frisbees, and do all kinds of tricks. Most have been adopted from shelters. 

I never miss the Creative Arts building. I grew up a crafter and my grandmother won first place with a quilt and second place with my crocheted sweater. I have some friends who have placed multiple times with their knitting and collections and love to see their work in the display cases and rejoice with them. I am always amazed at what people can create with their hands.

Various musical and theatrical acts are indifferent venues in the park. The Kodo drummers have always been my favorite. 

Animal judging: What makes a steer a prize-winning one? I don't know all about this; however, it is wonderful to see a young person holding a ribbon and the animal they raised. Last year, I spied a young girl napping against the belly of her pig. Very big grin.

GREAT WEATHER:
Being outdoors, people watching, and snacking--all fun fair events. But weather is a crap shoot in the fall. Cold fronts can bring rain, but rain doesn't stop me. I have an umbrella and a slicker and head on out. Sunshine brings families of all sorts who all appear to be enjoying their special day. 

AND THEN THERE'S THIS GUY:

What is your favorite thing or food at your state fair?


Preorder Season of Surprises, a holiday anthology which includes my romantic comedy short story, "Holiday Handbag Extravaganza," today! Available at your favorite e-publisher and: Amazon

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét